Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Asian, Chinese , filipino, same thing.

NOT.
_______________

My legal name is Louise Ann Realiza Rodrigo. (Lois for short) 100% Filipino, although I know that the Philippines was founded by the Spainards, founded by Magellan -- hence my last name Rodrigo. The Philippines is an island, so when we check boxes, us Filipinos may check "Filipino", "Pacific Islander" or "other." I don't recall Filipinos being Asian, or anything close to it. I know we are different.
_______________

It must strike you because my last name is Rodrigo, which is usually the first name to a Spanish person, and my first name (Louise Ann) which was originated from my grandfather Luis, (which is a usually a Spanish name) Now in no context is my name related to being Asian at all. If anything, it's more Spanish than anything....
_______________

Yes, most Asians eat rice, and us Filipinos do too. Yes, we take off our shoes in the house, but just because we do have similarities, we are very different in many ways.
Just because we may have the same hair, same height or even some sort of the same style, we have different attitudes, different perspectives and different opinions. I know that we could be easily mistaken as sisters, cousins, whatever. But in reality,
we're tanned. Us Filipinos do have naps in our hair and although some of us women can be petite, we SURE EAT. What's a diet? You drink tea? You take herbal medicines? duuude, get me some real food with some rice. some meat. I've never dieted and I do not think I'd ever diet.

But what's considered race?

in my concern, there's only one kind of race --
and that's human race.

Chinese - Japanese - Korean - Thailand - etc. FILIPINOS. watch out, we got our own box now.

No comments: